lunes, 24 de agosto de 2009

I'll change the picture in a brief. -> TRANSANTIAGO >> BEFORE AND AFTER


aujourd'hui, I have to talk about the Santiago's new transport system, Transantiago (the name, I think, it’s a contraction between transport and Santiago).
this system started operating in the first year of the of Michelle Bachelet’s government, and it has have a lot of problems. In the beginning, there were a lot of problems, with the number of the buses and with the bus routes. today, four years after, there’re still some of those problems, especially in the more populated areas.
I think that those problems could finish, but there’re still some ideological problems, like, now, the all “public” transport system, has ten, yes only Ten owners.
mm.. I don’t know what else to say. This has been an important theme in a lot of conversations, and now is a bit boring to write about it. besides, I don’t have much troubles with Transantiago. I use my bike to go everywhere (or I try to use it to go everywhere), and when I use the “micros”, I haven’t had problems, except probably when the bus is full of people, that’s a little disgusting.
I think that the only way to make Transantiago a better system, is that the state take his control.
Good night & good luck.

3 comentarios: