lunes, 2 de noviembre de 2009

Post number 11 ---> important challenges your discipline is currently facing.

hello again, my blogger friends. this is the second post of the day. yes, Judy is insane again. today’s subject is about important challenges that sociology is currently facing. I think that this is a very strange subject, and I think that I don’t know enough about sociology to write a complete answer, but I’ll do my best.
I think that the problems that the sociology is thinking from his birth is still a discussion, the hole idea of the modernity and all that stuff.
besides, sociology is now in a place where you can look a lot of subjects, and in general, they are all problems. We could say that sociology is always looking for social problems to resolve (or to trying to resolve). for example, related to technology, sociology is always looking how the technology affects the social relationships and of corse how they affect the wellbeing of the population.
in the education subject, sociology study how the education is related with the forms of conservation or change the society stratification.
as you can see, sociology is related with a lot of subjects, and there are always challenges that the discipline is trying to resolve.
I think that one of the problems that the discipline have is that sociologists are very influenced by the market, and they are working in the problems that other people want answers, that in general are not very important for the society but for they own benefit. an example of that is the market studies
Now, even the formation of the sociologists is influenced for the working market, and no for the society needs. that’s a very important subject, because we are taking the risk of turn the sociologist into an methodological technical, without their important knowledge about theory, and that can’t be.
I don’t know what else to say. I know that the sociology has more problems, but I don’t feel a very good person to speak about them, because I don’t know that much about them. Besides, I’m just starting to study sociology, and I have a long life to talk about this subject.
good night & good luck.

2 comentarios:

  1. I'm totally agree with you about Judy. One post per week is far enough for me, thinking in two it's a little insane...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree too, that woman needs help. Well isidro, I've read all your posts now, so please don't ask me again if I actually read them!

    ResponderEliminar