lunes, 26 de octubre de 2009

Evaluated Post --> BlowUp.



Good day, my blogger friends.
Today, I'm going to write about my favourite film, BlowUp, the opera prima of the Italian director Michelangelo Antonioni. That's his first English language film, and the plot is based on a short story of the Argentinean writer Julio Cortázar, called “Las Babas del Diablo”.

The plot is about a photographer, Thomas, that accidentally photograph a crime scene, but without knowing it. In the Maryon Park, he takes pictures of two lovers. After, when he’s in his house, he starts to make many blowups to one of the pictures. These blowups have very rough film grain but nonetheless seem to show a body lying in the grass and a killer lurking in the trees with a gun. I’m not going to tell you how the film finish, but it’s my favourite, so I really recommend it.

BlowUp is my favourite movie, not because of the actors, that I really don’t like very much, but because the direction of it. In this film is my favourite scene, when Thomas is taking pictures to two teenager models, and they take some fabrics of many colours and play with them. It’s a really beautiful scene, the best of the world I think.

About the cast of the film, I can say that Thomas is performed by David Hemmings, but I don’t like how he performed his character. It proves that a film could be very good with a very bad perform.

The music of this film was written by Herbie Hancock, and in the last third of the film, there is a scene when The Yardbirds perform “Roll On”.

That’s it. I hope that you can watch this very beautiful movie.

Good night and good luck.


1 comentario:

  1. Hi. That's a cool movie. Good night & Good Luck. I haven't seen The oher one, that is the subject of the post. But is a cool short story. Bye!

    ResponderEliminar